RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LENGTH, CIRCUMFERENCE, AND VOLUME OF THE SCROTUM WITH VIABILITY AND ABNORMALITY OF SPERMATOZOA IN ETAWA CROSSBREED

  • Mukti Santoso Aji Pangestu Faculty of Animal Science, Jenderal Soedirman University, Purwokerto
  • Mas Yedi Sumaryadi Faculty of Animal Science, Jenderal Soedirman University, Purwokerto
  • Aras Prasetiyo Nugroho Faculty of Animal Science, Jenderal Soedirman University, Purwokerto
Keywords: Etawa Crossbreed Goat, Length, circumference, volume of the scrotum, Spermatozoa Abnormalities

Abstract

Background. The study of the relationship between Length, Circumference, and Volume of the scrotum with Viability and Abnormality of Spermatozoa in Etawa Crossbreed (PE). Goats was carried out from 15 November 2020 until 21 November 2020 at Tani Ternak Sato Guno, Gumelar District, Banyumas Regency, Central Java. Materials and methods. The purpose of this study was to determine the length, circumference, volume of the scrotum with the viability and abnormalities of spermatozoa in Etawa male goats, provide scientific information and expand knowledge in the field of animal husbandry, especially the quality of spermatozoa. This research uses experimental with linear correlation analysis method and linear regression analysis. Results. The results of this study indicate that together the length, circumference, and volume of the scrotum have a very strong relationship (P < 0.01) with spermatozoa viability with a coefficient of determination of 0.825 and a correlation coefficient of r = 0.908. This shows that the viability of spermatozoa is influenced by the length, circumference, and volume of the scrotum by 82.5%, while the remaining 17.5% is influenced by other factors. The results of the next study showed that together the length, circumference, and volume of the scrotum had a very strong relationship (P < 0.01) with spermatozoa abnormalities with a coefficient of determination of 0.918 and a correlation coefficient of r = 0.958. This shows that spermatozoa abnormalities are influenced by the length, circumference, and volume of the scrotum by 91.8%, while the remaining 8.2% are influenced by other factors. It was concluded that the mean length, circumference, and scrotum volume of Etawa Crossbreed Goats were 25.50 ± 1.73 cm, respectively; 15.00 ± 1.28 cm; 85.96 ± 20.39 cm3 with the mean viability and abnormality of spermatozoa were 82.12 ± 5.71% and 4.54 ± 2.35%, respectively. Conclusion. Length, circumference, and volume of the scrotum simultaneously have a very strong relationship with the viability and abnormality of spermatozoa, so that it can be used as a good indicator to estimate the quality of spermatozoa, especially the viability and abnormality of spermatozoa with the respective formulas being Y₁ + = 232,500 - 6,500 X₁ - 3,583 X₂ + 0.212 X₃ and Y₂ += 69,000 + 0.917 X₁ - 3.801 X₂ + 0.103 X₃

References

Ariantie, O.S., T.L. Yusuf, D. Sajuthi, dan R.I. Arifiantini. 2014. Pengaruh Krioprotektan Gliserol dan Dimethilformamida dalam Pembekuan Semen Kambing Peranakan Etawah Menggunakan Pengencer Tris Modifikasi. JITV 18 (4) : 239-250.
Bintara, S. 2011. Rasio X:Y dan Kualitas Sperma pada Kambing Kacang dan Peranakan Ettawa. Fakultas Peternakan Universitas Gadjah Madda. Yogyakarta. Sains Peternakaan, 9(2):65-71
Hendri. M,. G. Riady,. dan R. Daud. 2017. Hubungan Lingkar Skrotum dan Konsentrasi Spermatozoa pada Kambing Peranakan Etawa (PE) Jantan. Universitas Syiah Kuala. JIMVET. 2 (1) : 41 - 50.
Hidayati, H. 2017. Imbuhan Pentoxifylline dalam Pengencer Tris Kuning Telur dan Omega-3 dalam Pengencer Skim untuk Meningkatkan Kualitas Semen Beku Kambing Sapera [Tesis]. Program Studi Biologi Reproduksi. Institut Pertanian Bogor. Hal.12
Iqbal, M. 2012. Hubungan Bobot Badan, Lingkar Skrotum dan Konsentrasi Spermatozoa pada Domba Garut jantan. Skripsi. Institut Pertanian Bogor, Bogor
Kartasudjana, R. 2001. Ciri-ciri atau Tanda Keabnormalitasan pada Semen Kambing Peranakan Etawa (PE). Penerbit Mutiara, Jakarta
Kusumawati, E.D., L. Henny, T.N.K. Aju, S. Trinil., I. Nurul , R. Romzatul . 2016. Pengaruh Suhu dan Lama Simpan Semen Segar terhadap Motilitas dan Abnormalitas Spermatozoa Kambing Peranakan Etawa (PE). Prosiding Seminar Nasional Hasil Penelitian. Universitas Brawijaya. Malang. Hal. 199 – 208
Nahriyanti, S., Y. S. Ondho., dan D. Samsudewa. 2017. Perbedaan Kualitas Makroskopis Semen Segar Domba Batur dalam Flock Mating dan Pen Mating. Jurnal Sains Peternakan Indonesia 12 (2) : 191 - 198
Partodihardjo, S. 1980. Ilmu Reproduksi Hewan. Penerbit Mutiara, Jakarta
Permana, G. 2013. Performa Bobot Badan, Lingkar Skrotum, Volume Skrotum dan Kualitas Sperma Domba Lokal di Breeding Station Fakultas Peternakan Universitas Padjadjaran. Jurnal Fakultas Peternakan Universitas Padjadjaran 2 (2)
Rachmawati, L., Ismayana., dan P. Astuti. 2014. Korelasi antara hormon testosteron, libido, dan kualitas sperma pada kambing Bligon, Kejobong, dan Peranakan Etawah. Buletin Peternakan. 38 (1): 8-15.
Rophi, A. H., S. Rahayu dan G. Ciptadi. 2018. The effect of Morinda citrifolia L. fruit extract supplemented to deluent tris-egg yolk toward the abnormality of goat’s spermatozoa after freezing at -80oC. Journal of Experimental Life Science. 8 (3) : 145 – 152.
Salmah, N. 2014. Motilitas, Persentase Hidup dan Abnormalitas Spermatozoa Semen Beku Sapi Bali pada Pengenceran Andromed dan Tris Kuning Telur [Skripsi]. Fakultas Peternakan. Universitas Hasanuddin.
Susilawati. 2013. Pedoman Inseminasi Buatan Pada Ternak. UB Press. Universitas Brawijaya
Toelihere, M.R. 1993. Inseminasi Buatan Pada Ternak. Angkasa. Bandung.
Vendy, H., N. Supartini., K. Suharto. 2016. Nilai Service Per Conception Ditinjau dari Bobot Badan Panjang dan Lingkar Skrotum Kambing Pejantan Boer (Studi Kasus di CV Peternakan Kambing Burja Kota Batu). Jurnal Fakultas Pertanian Universitas Tribhuwana Tunggadewi 4 (1)
Yustendi, D. 2013. Penambahan Tepung Daun Katuk (Saurupus androgynus L. merr) dalam Ransum Kambing Jantan Peranakan Ettawa terhadap Konsumsi Pakan, Pertambahan Berat Badan, Lingkar Scrotum dan Kualitas Spermatozoa. Thesis. Program Pascasarjana. Universitas Syiah Kuala, Banda Aceh
Published
2021-11-30
Section
Articles